TVD Team Wristbands

Saturday, October 30, 2010

16 Reasons Why You Should Own The Vampire Diaries Soundtrack

Ever the procrastinator, I had been putting off purchasing The Vampire Diaries Soundtrack because I'm a turd sometimes. I was fortunate enough to receive via UPS yesterday (Friday) my very own copy from one of my dearest Twitter friends.

As I was listening to each track, all I could think of was why hadn't I gotten my hands on it sooner? Realizing I am talking to myself in my head, I answered myself right back, because "YOU ARE A PROCRASTINATOR!"

Some songs took me back to some of my favorite episodes, some I bobbed my head along to while reading The Hunger Games, and 1 downright had me sobing for reasons I will explain below.

So here we have it, 16 reasons why I think you should purchase if you haven't already, The Vampire Diaries Soundtrack

Image Source


01. Stefan's Theme -Michael Suby
This is the very song that plays in my head when I think of The Vampire Diaries. In fact, I think this song should have been called The Vampire Diaries song. It has no words, just purely instrumental and takes me back to the very first episode where it all began. 

02. Running Up That Hill -Placebo
Placebo, the band who graced one of my other favorite soundtracks, Cruel Intentions with "Every You Every Me" does it again. This song almost brings out my primal side (maybe it's the drums).


03. Currency Of Love -Silversun Pickups
This would be one of those songs I was bobbing along to when I was reading The Hunger Games. At first I was like, "This kinda reminds me of Jimmy Eat World" but alas it is not. This particular song doesn't bring up any memories of past episodes, but I still like. 


04. Hammock -Howls
Another head bobbing song. The singers voice is kind of well, seducing (sexy). If any guy wants to howl at the moon with a voice like his, by all means go right on ahead. When he sings tastes I *died zombie style with a bullet to the head* (I've already *died* too many times so now I'm a zombie just so ya know).  


05. Sleep Alone (909S In The DarkTimes Mix) -Bat For Lashes
This song reminds me of floating. Don't worry, I don't get why it reminds me of floating either. All I know is that sleeping alone is NOT so bad sometimes. 

06. Bloodstream (Vampire Diaries Remix) -Stateless
Oh, Potter where do I begin with this little number? This song I refer to as the hot dirty sex song. This is THAT song, yup, yes it is, AMEN! *fans self* So uhh, where was I? The dude singing the song right, his voice OMFP (Oh My Freakin' Potter) is so sexy and haunting. "I think I might have inhaled you" what? I wanna marry him just because of this song. He could be short, balding, with no teeth for all I know, but you guy, you need to come marry ASAP! This song makes me want to go out and seduce every one, YOU TOO!   

07. We Radiate -GoldFrapp
I've been a fan of GoldFrapp for a little while now and her songs have never disappointed me. This is a good track to get ready to. Sing and dance in the mirror like nobody is watching. You know we've all done it before. 

08. Obsession -Sky Ferreira
This song immediately makes me want to kick some ass, and again, I have no clue why. Perfectly explains my feelings for all the male characters on the show.

09. Head Over Heels -Digital Daggers
The seduction song. This song reminds me of the manipulative awesome that is Katherine Pierce/Petrova 

10. Down -Jason Walker
*sad faces all around* who can forget this episode? This song breaks my heart every single time I hear it. Right about now I'm listening to it and I feel like I need a hug. "I don't want to hear the sound of losing what I never found" :(

11. Beauty Of The Dark - Mads Langer
And the shit hits the fan episode. What? Why? How? Stefan and Damon vampire's? No way? Come on Elena he's old enough to be your great great grandaddy. "What are you?!"


12. Cut -Plumb
The most beautifulest of beautiful moments EVER in the history of TV hands down! When it gets to the part where the singer is like "I AMMMMMMMMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOOT ALOOOOOOOOOONE" just pierces my soul. Not gonna lie, I wanted to clunk Elena over the head with day old rye bread when she was getting it in with Stefan cuz it totes should have been Stefan and I of course!      

13. All You Wanted -Sounds Under Radio feat. Alison Sudol of A Fine Frenzy
*sigh* it's really kind of hard to explain what I feel about this song. Previously I had blogged about how I was so in love with the band and how I loved the song, but I would be doing the band and the song a HUGE injustice with such few words. When the cd player finally reached number 13, I smiled to myself and laid out on my bed staring at the ceiling taking every single piece of the lyrics to heart. I found myself mouthing the words as I did last Saturday while they performed here in Miami. Emotions started creeping up inside of me as puddles of tears formed on my face. Before I knew it, I was crying uncontrollably (I'm talking full out Timmy just fell in the well kinda tears here people). I can only say this about one other song in my life, and that is "All By Myself" because damn it Celine, that song is just downright depressing! Why does this song stir up such emotion in me? This is the very reason why I love music so much. Though my reasons behind my total meltdown over this song is unbeknown to me, I love that it made me feel. Maybe there was something deep down inside of me that needed to come out (insert your exorcism jokes here). So above all other songs on this soundtrack, "All You Wanted" is THE BEST of them all! And to Sounds Under Radio, if you are reading this, thank you for making me feel. 

14. The Fellowship -The Smashing Pumpkins
This song reminds me of an old school Atari video game (I still have one. DUCK HUNT). You really can't go wrong with The Smashing Pumpkins. 


15. On Melancholy Hill (Feed Me Remix) -Gorillaz
Instead of fist bumps, this gets some fist pumping action. I would have never thought that this was Gorillaz if I didn't actually read the back of this cd. It totes cute and kinda reminiscent of The Never Ending Story to me. 


16. 1864 -Michael Suby
Somethings coming to eat you. RUUUUUUUUUUN!  If this piece had lyrics that what it would be.

xOxO~Shenna

No comments:

Post a Comment