TVD Team Wristbands

Monday, October 18, 2010

Never Let Me Go: A Movie Review... Well Sort Of.

I was invited to an advance movie screening of Never Let Me Go about 2 weeks ago by a Local movie reviewer, The Infamous Billy The Kidd. I had no clue what this movie was about, and had decided that I wouldn't look at the trailer because I liked the idea of not going in with preconceived notions.I also decided that I would go by myself to avoid any interruptions while the movie was showing because POTTER forbid anyone talk to me while I'm watching a movie!!!

After about 20 minutes, and 3 missed u-turns later, I arrived at the theater with movie pass in hand. I walked into the theater as directed and I knew before hand I DID NOT want to sit in the middle because it would just make me feel even more alone so, I sat in a seat nearest the left wall (this proved to be a very wise choice). As I'm walking down the isle I get the sense that eyes are watching me and people are thinking "Is she coming to see a movie alone?" "how sad!" "she must be waiting on a friend to join her." Now, if you've ever gone anywhere by yourself you know exactly the feeling I am talking about.

I sat there playing around with my BlackBerry trying not to look so "by myself" even though I was in fact by myself. A chatterbox bunch joins in with the theater crowd, one girl kept protesting "I don't want you to sit by me," and I'm thinking "please don't sit by her for Potter sake." The Kidd comes in with t-shirts; enough to let you know that he's going to be giving them away, but how?

He rolls them up and stuffs them in a bag, introduces himself to the crowd and says "Fox Search Light gave me these shirts to give away, so if you want one I need to hear you!!" At this point I abandon all of my "I'm alone at the movies so I'm going to make myself as inconspicuous as possible" persona, and jumped out of my seat and started yelling with the crowd "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!" The Kidd and I make eye contact and he chucks a shirt my way (result of my awesome seating choice because mostly everyone else sat in the middle rows). The shirt falls one row short of my row and an older woman goes for it (not so fast mamacita, that shirt is MINE!) All I can remember was diving for it over on her row and I snatched it up, and she gives me THE LOOK. You guys know that look like, "BITCH!" yeah, that's what she gave me. I paid her no attention because I got what was rightfully mine. I made the noise, I made the eye contact, it's MINE ALL MIIIIIINE (insert evil laugh). Funny what free stuff does to a person.

After the shirts were all given away, lights were off, the camera rolled, and about 2 hours later I was almost inconsolable. NOBODY TOLD ME TO BRING KLEENEX! Though, it was a bit of a snoozer at the beginning, when it finally picked up, IT PICKED UP AND TOOK OFF! Andrew Garfield's performance was astounding. He made me feel as though I knew his character which in turn made me feel so deeply for him (cue tears). Carrie Mulligan held her own as well as Keira Knightley, but Garfield really blew me away. It is based on the book of the same name written by Kazuo Ishiguro which is regarded by TIME as "The best novel of the decade." I would def check it out when it comes to a theater near you. For now, here's the trailer.



       



xOxO~Shenna

No comments:

Post a Comment