TVD Team Wristbands

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

He just might be EVERYTHING!

When I think of a modern-day real-life Captain Planet, there is only one person that comes to mind, Mr. Ian Somerhalder. I became familiar with this amazing man when a former friend of mine swayed me into watching LOST. LOST was one of those shows that I wanted to get into, but for some reason it just never happened. Needless to say, it became a very fast favorite so fast, I ended up spending 2 days straight watching all of the episodes on abc.com, and spent about a month trying to get my sleeping schedule back to "normal." One of the characters that I lusted over was Boone, the stepsister banger (I mean I don't know if they actually ever had sex but he totes wanted to if he didn't). Much to my dismay, just as soon as Boone was introduced into my life, he was gone, kaput, finito, dead and gone to see the big man in the sky (insert sad face). I cried, I wept, I dropped to my knees and asked the great TV Gods, "WHYYYYYYYYYYY????!!!!"


Fast forward a couple of years later, Ian makes his triumphant return to TV for all of my viewing pleasure on The Vampire Diaries as Damon Salvatore. This show is my EVERYTHING! If you follow me on twitter (@eyemjusme66) then you know about 80% of my tweets are about #TVD. As I grew to love Ian's new character Damon, I wanted to learn more about the man behind the most amazing a-hole character EVER!!!

Ian is not only a brilliant actor, but an amazing environmental/animal activist. Most of you that are reading this I'm sure, do not know me in my every day life, but a lot of my friends and family consider me as a tree huger. Ever since I can remember, I have always tried my best to do right by our planet. Whenever someone would throw trash on the ground I would make them pick it up (even if I didn't know them). I don't allow people to mistreat animals, and I think fur anything is disgusting (you will often notice me referring to fur wearers as people who like to wear dead animals). I do however, have that dilemma of me being a meat eater and all, but that is another post for another day.

Anywho, seeing how passionate Ian is about the world and animals has made me REALLY like Ian for Ian, not for the roles that he plays on TV and film. He's articulate, passionate, a Sagittarius (haaaaay so am I), smart, and humble. All of these reason and many others is why I believe that he is EVERYTHING that we need to help change the world. I know this would be a lot to put on his shoulders, but he is already making a change. I as well as many other of his fans have become more aware of our environment because of him.

The point of this post is not to turn you into a LOST or Vampire Diaries fan, but to make you aware of a celebrity who is doing good by the title. Someone who is actually doing and not just talking. And if you are not following him and would like to, he goes by the Twitter handle of @iansomerhalder.

Below I have included the link to a video of the Washington Post's Live Conference where he talks about the environment and social networking.
Ian Somerhalder Washington Post Lunch Program


And if you've never heard of Captain Planet, here you go:



Peace, Love, and Go Green!

xOxO~Shenna

No comments:

Post a Comment