TVD Team Wristbands

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rain Dance

26. Dance In The Rain

When it rains, do you find yourself running from the rain or, do you embrace it? These are the very questions I asked myself while I was coming up with number 26 on my Life List (Bucket List).

All of my life, I've been taught by society, friends, and by family that rain is something you hide from. "Why would you want to be wet?" "It will ruin your hairdo!" "You'll get sick!" Other than the eventual uncomfortable wet feeling afterward, rain really isn't something to be feared.

Being the woman that I am, I decided to challenge myself against all of the naysayers of rain, and not only go out and get wet in the rain, but dance in it, drink it, laugh in it, and ultimately sing in it.

When the PERFECT opportunity presented itself a month and a half ago, I walked out the door, raised my hands to the sky and started twirling. Eventually I started laughing in pure jubilation with the sun shining down on my face. And then I opened my mouth to taste the rain which doesn't taste like anything at all. I sing... "the hills are alive with the sound of music..." (I had a Julie Andrews moment). The rain started to come down heavily and I felt like maybe I was having a moment with the Gods or Mother Nature herself so I started dancing. I truly felt like I was transported into another time. When I had enough; when I felt that number 26 had been fulfilled as best as it could, I stopped and just stood there. I was back. I walked back into the house, grabbed a towel and took a shower.  

Image Source


I realize as I'm becoming more educated on living a natural lifestyle, I'm starting to see the world with new eyes. Everything I thought that was wrong, out of the norm, or weird (can you believe me thinking something is weird? yeah, I know!) has become so deliciously right.  I don't normally ask people to take my advice because hey, it's your life to live and I certainly or anyone for that matter can't tell you how to live it, but if all you ever do in your life is take the time out to stop what you're doing and go out and dance in the rain, I promise you, it will be so worth it.

xOxO~Shenna 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post. I have always loved to dance in the rain! It's such a freeing feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that cleansing ritual quiet often. I didn't have the experience of naysayers in my family.

    I've found that in my early days I use to dance in the rain out of pure joy and abandon.

    As I got in my late teens early 20's. I found it was the most comfortable I've ever been when I just wanted to shed tears that were purely visible and the fact that I stood in the rain not caring about anyone or anything. Those who stared, tears were never noticed.

    I find myself now, blending those balances between joy and tears, mostly when its inconvenient I always seem to be getting wet. Even through all that I won't get my hair wet in the ocean or the pool. It's just not the same. LOL

    Now I haven't started a bucket list. I guess I feel I'm going to live forever. LOL!

    However, funny I don't sing Sound of Music but I do sing Singin in the Rain, its cliche I know that too.

    But just maybe I should start dancing in the rain at least once cross country. You know try out that Georgia Rain, Louisiana Rain, etc.

    ReplyDelete