TVD Team Wristbands

Monday, November 8, 2010

Why I Rock

Last night I watched the Black Girls Rock awards ceremony on BET and I was so inspired by the messages that were given on the show that I decided to post about it (obvs since you are reading this).  

The 1 thing that really stood out to me was when they showed clips of celebrities explaining why they rocked, and it got me thinking... why do I rock?

I rock because I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid to feel, to love, and be loved. I'm not afraid of opinions, and naysayers. To laugh when nobody else is laughing. To smile when everything around me feels so chaotic. I'm not afraid to stand up for myself and for what I believe in. To dream, wish, and cry because sometimes you just need to let it all out. I rock because I like many other women, didn't always feel so confident in my skin, but I can say now without a doubt, that I LOVE ME FOR ME! 

So I guess you now know the reasons behind my Twitter handle, Eyemjusme66, and what I would like to know from you is, Why do you rock? No matter your skin color.  

xOxO~Shenna

2 comments:

  1. I always love reading your posts! This is making me ponder why I work! =)

    ReplyDelete