TVD Team Wristbands

Monday, August 16, 2010

Mad About Mad Men

Keeping with the whole birthday post, I have also decided to have a 1960s/Mad Men themed dinner party this year for my birthday. Mad Men is a pretty stellar show that comes on AMC on Sundays at 10/9c. Now, I don't want to give my little synopsis about the show, but what will tell you is that it's pretty sexist as is to be expected of a show based in the 60's. The women are Susie Homemakers except for the character Peggy Olson, who is a copywriter , and the men pretty much run the universe. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris

courtesy of AMC.com

Anywho, I was on the AMC Mad Men website the other night and they have this Mad Men yourself avatar maker, and I couldn't resist! Here is what "I would look like." 


My inspiration for the whole theme party came from this avatar. I'm thinking 8-10 people all dressed up in 1960s duds eating food and sipping on drinks fromm that era. The Mad Men site also has a 1960s Cocktail Guide that will surely serve as a great reference. I found a dress close to the look of the avatar picture that I'm pretty sure I will be wearing at my dinner party.


The dress pictured above is from JIBRI, a plus size vintage inspired clothing company.The JIBRI Pleat Peplum Iris Dress retails for $240 and with the right accessories, hair, and attitude, I know I will be able to pull my avatar look off. I will be sure to fill you guys in on party planning updates!


courtesy of AMC.com

Here's to happy party planning!

XoXo~Shenna

1 comment:

  1. I love mad men! This sounds so rad. You must post pictures once the party happens.

    ReplyDelete