TVD Team Wristbands

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cover-less Cover-ups

Like countless other self-conscious size sexies out there, I am a bit shy about showing my arms so I tend to use cover-ups a lot to hide them (using camouflage would be an understatement).  I was that one kid in the summer that would be wearing jackets and having to explain to people that I wasn't hot, but indeed I was hotter than 5 fat chicks packed in a Dodge Neon. To this day, I do not understand how I have never managed to pass out from such stupidities.

Not until around the age of 23 did I start to accept my body for what it was and is. I was much more feminine in my inner self than my outer appearance because I never thought that anything in my size would look or feel right on me. I pretty much wore shirts made for men and loose fitting jeans that were not figure flattering at all.

Now, at the age of 25 I am embracing more fashionable options for my size. Not very long ago the clothing options for curvaceous women were very limited. You either looked like a big flowery tent, or some type of an over-sized fruit. My personal style could be summed up as bohemian, rocker, girly chic. I'm very much into rocker/band Tees and jeans for the most part paired with a vest or blazer. You can dress it up or down, but most of all, I feel comfortable in the pairings. I have started this little collection of those flowy vest things that are in every store now. They are petty low cost depending on where you get them, and are a great alternative for me or anyone else instead of my long-sleeved cardis that feel like death in the hot summer weather.

These two in particular were purchased from Ross for $9.99 each very budget friendly and quite versatile. There are so many different versions of these vest so the options are pretty much limitless. They still give me that covered-up feeling but they really are covering less.





Here's to acceptance!

BIG kisses & small hugs

XoXo~Shenna

No comments:

Post a Comment