TVD Team Wristbands

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why Twitter Has Failed Me

Twitter makes me angry sometimes you know why? It's because you start out with an agenda that you will follow interesting people who have interesting things to say, and over time those interesting people become less interesting with even more less interesting things to say. Then you get caught in the "I like this Tweeter, but what they retweet is just, UGH!" Trust I know, that is the very bind I find myself in right now.

I like to think of myself as a kind, sweet, and tolerant person, but Twitter has me walking on a fine line of "Bitch Get Off My TL (time line) With Your Spamming and Nonsense", and "What an Intellectual Tweet that was."

So here we are with a list of Twitter rules I feel every fellow Tweeter should follow. 

1. If the Tweet was sent out over 24 hours ago DO NOT Retweet it!

2. Spamming is a no no and you will go go right off of my following list.

3. I don't care about who is following you, if I did, I would be stalking your followers list.

4. Follow Friday's have gotten out of hand. I am grateful that you like my Tweets however, spamming my TL with a giant generated list of #FF shout outs will get you an automatic pass to Unfollow Me Friday hell.

5. If someone takes the time out to Tweet you (and you're not a celebrity) due at least acknowledge them. Stating that you don''t have the time to answer back makes you look like an ass because if you didn't have the time then you wouldn't be tweeting in the first place.

6. STOP SENDING ME KANYE TWEETS! I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHAT HE HAS TO SAY!

7. Since I've checked Twitter was a place of free speech so if you don't like what someone has to say, hit UNFOLLOW.

8. This is not a dating service. If you need help in that department call Oprah, or visit eharmony.com

9. Follow for Follow? Fuck no! The end!

10. STOP FOR THE LOVE OF POTTER spamming celebrity Twitter accounts with I love you's, can you please follow me, say hi to me, I will die if you don't..., please look at this. It's pathetic people. really.

11. Don't get offended when someone decides not to follow you. Their follows should not be imperative to your everyday life. If you're that desperate... well I have no words for you.

12. Twitter is not intended for extended conversations. If you have something to say that's more than the allotted 140 character limit, send it in an email. 

xOxO~Shenna

No comments:

Post a Comment