TVD Team Wristbands

Monday, January 17, 2011

Dear Readers

Dear readers,

This post has been a long time coming, and perhaps some of you will not agree with it, but what I'm about to type down here needs to read.

NEVER have I ever been a part of a "fan base" that has carried on so atrociously as the fan base of The Vampire Diaries. Do all of you really in your right minds think that any of the cast would approve of the way all of you have been behaving? Bashing each other over Twitter, Tumblr, and blogs. Is that really what we have resulted to? It's okay to be passionate about characters, but some of you fail miserably at seperating reality from fiction.

Since when have we started judging peoples character based on the roles that they play on film and television? I cannot count how many times I have seen hate tweets about Paul and Ian, and for what? The majority of us don't even know them in their everyday life so how are you passing judgment? Everyone is entitled to boast about their favorite celebrity, but not at the expense of disrespecting others.

This "fandom" of The Vampire Diaries needs to learn a lesson or two on how to respect the other cast mates. How are we calling ourselves fans of the show when we're all so clearly divided. I'm not on either side. Not Damon nor Stefan's. I enjoy the show for what it is, not for what it's not. TVDFamily? Ha! This is not a family I want to be part of.

This bickering has been going on far too long and it needs to stop! It almost literally brings me to tears to read everyone talking about each other. We're not here for that. At least that's not what I'm here for. All of the backhanded comments, the snide remarks made about fans and the cast. RIDICULOUS! And the worst of you are grown ass people, and some with kids!

Get over yourselves. Get over your hatred. Grow up, and suck it up. Life goes on whether or not you agree with it. I can no longer associate myself with those who have negative attitudes, so if you find yourself unfollowed, no hard feelings. You need to take a good look inside of yourselves and evaluate what it is that you are so unhappy with because hate is ugly and I would hate for it to consume your life.

So dear readers, I do hope you take what it is that I have written down to heart. I know not everyone is guilty of such heinous acts, and to all of you, I am truly sorry that it has come down to this. It's okay to crack jokes, but I'm not down for outright disrespect.

It's fictional.

xOxO~Shenna  

1 comment:

  1. I agree at how ignorant some people can be. Fans are supposed to voice their love for their character, book, show, movie. Not slander the so called "competition". Yes, have your opinion however have it with respect for others as well as they also have their own opinions which may NOT mirror your own. Imagine if we lived in a world where we all had the same brain, mind set. Not much fun huh? Be passionate for what or who you love but don't have hatred for the opposite of what someone else might love either.

    I stopped reading insignificant little rants about why so and so is so much better. I'd rather just not associate myself with that. I do have a difference of opinion that I do voice on twitter. However its not hurtful towards others. And yes the sad thing is that its one thing to have a teen ranting and insulting yet a completely disturbingly other thing to have a grown adult doing the same thing. And when someone bashes their loves, ooohhh watch out.

    Well I guess I'm done with my ranting :). Thanks for posting this. You read my mind and feelings perfectly.

    ReplyDelete