TVD Team Wristbands

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dear Future Husband

Dear future husband,

We haven't met yet, but I know you're out there. The perfect somebody for me. If you are reading this, then you have taken my heart for what I hope will be forever. I know that sometimes that our relationship will be hard, and you might want to give up on me, but don't. Don't mistake my lack of wanting to display my affection for you publicly as a sign that I don't love you because I do, I'm just not that kind of girl, but you would know that. When I ask to be left alone the BEST thing for you is to leave me alone. It's not because I don't love you, I just like to be alone sometimes so please understand that. I love that you like to stay up with me all night and just stare at the stars and contemplate alien invasions, or why we haven't gotten our hands on a flying car like in the Jetson's cartoon.

Thank you for not thinking that I'm weird because I hide from lightning. Thank you for being honest with me even if it will hurt me. Thank you for watching Pretty In Pink with me for the 100th time. Thank you for abandoning being an adult and being a kid with me sometimes. Thank you for the beautiful children we will have. Thank you for thinking I'm even more beautiful without all of my make-up. Thank you for getting lost with me because we're both too stubborn to ask for directions. Thank you for putting the seat down so that I won't fall in when it's my turn. Thank you for ordering that pizza over the phone because I hate ordering over the phone. Thank you for asking me what's on my mind even when I won't admit that I have something on my mind. Thank you for not leaving when we argue. Thank you for not going to bed angry.

Thank you for taking out the garbage, and killing that spider. Thank you for the million laughs and smiles you put on my face. Thank you for being there to wipe my tears away. Thank you for letting me know that there is nothing to fear. Thank you for reassuring me whenever I need reassuring. Thank you for being that shoulder. Thank you for taking care of me when I'm ill. Thank you for laughing when I stuff tissues up my nose because I get sick and tired of wiping it. Thank you for the cards, kisses, and hugs. Thank you for coming to get me when my car won't start. Thank you for helping provide. Thank you for dreaming, believing, and seeing. Thank you for all of your funny and not so funny jokes. Thank you for having a sense of humor. Thank you for protecting. Thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for growing old with me.

Most of all, thank you for being the most wonderful and amazing husband that I could ever ask for.

PS. I'm sure I will be back to add more over the years. <3
xOxO~Shenna

3 comments:

  1. Lol at 3:55 AM "I should write. I'm in the mood to write"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightfully beautiful with the a hint of humor. Okay I busted out laughing at times but you get it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you say thank you too much. I'm sure the word he'll be using the majority of the time is sorry. Sorry i went wee wee on the toilet seat. Sorry i left hairs in the bath and flicked the gooey toothpaste in the sink. Sorry i left wet towels on the bathroom floor and didn't hang the tea towel right. I can't seem to get away with a blokes lack of doing things properly. Will i ever find someone? Nah! lol :) Good blog x

    ReplyDelete