TVD Team Wristbands

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

True Blood: I LOVE Frankling Mott!

Yes, I know I have neglected you dear readers (that's if I have any at all), but I have been recovering from the nastiest tooth ache, and as if that wasn't enough I slipped and fell on my aunts tiled walkway after dear old Bonnie left everything wet here in "sunny" Florida. Needless to say, that this post is waaaay past due and, to make it up to you, I want to talk about one of my favorite shows, True Blood.

Since my Grandmother doesn't believe in premium tv channels, I have been left out of the loop of the Trubie world since about halfway through the second season. My aunt (the one who's tiled floor I used as a slip n' slide) goes out of town every so often on business, and I am left to house sit. She has every single premium channel out there so when the opportunity comes for her to skedaddle on over to wherever it is that she is going, I get so ELATED!!! Luckily she took one of those "business" trips last week because I got tired of hearing and reading about all of the bloody mess I was missing out on True Blood I couldn't stand it!

I took an entire day out of my life and devoted it to catching up (I can do this because I am unemployed), and let me tell you guys I cried like a newborn baby when Godric committed vampire suicide. 
Godric saying goodbye to his progeny Eric (Photo from FanPop.com)



Now, to the REAL reason for this post without dragging this out longer than it has to be, Franklin Mott.
Franklin Mott (Photo from Bourgy.com)
I LOVE HIM! If you follow the show you are probably thinking that I'm insane, but Franklin has to be the most interesting character True Blood has to date. He's a vampire detective working for Russell Edgington, the King of Mississippi, trying to dig up dirt on Bill Compton. Aside from Franklin's neuroticism, I think he could be a swell guy. He has this insane infatuation with Tara Thornton because he believes that they are just alike. Tara has no interest in him in fact, she is terrified of him which is understandable and all being that he is a psychopath vampire, he has tied her up against her will, has kept her captive and, bloody sobbed over her (literally) when she tried to leave him, but the inner loon inside of me would like to see them together.

Tara's frightful encounter with Franklin. (Photo from dipity.com)
 Underneath all of the crazy that encompasses Franklin, I think he is just looking for love in all the wrong places. Tara is certainly not in the best state of mind to be falling in love so soon after her last boyfriend met his demise at the hands of her BFF's brother, and if bashing Franklin's head in with some kind of a mid-evil mallet in episode 6 of season 3 isn't an indication that Tara wants nothing to do with him, I don't know what kind of sign Franklin will need. I have to say I was quite upset with Tara when I saw that, she didn't have to bash the poor dudes head in like that while he was sleeping!!! How ungrateful, Tara! I do hope he is able to do that magical vampire healing thingy that they do when they are hurt and, when and if he does, Tara, and her braids better watch out. I think my dear Franklin is gone for forever, but my Godsister seems to think otherwise. I HOPE she is right because it would break my heart to see him leave the show so soon.

*True Blood seasons 1 & 2 are now available on dvd. You can also catch new episodes from Season 3 on HBO Sunday nights at 9 pm*

sex, betrayal, love &, blood!

Shenna ~ fangbanger

No comments:

Post a Comment